![]() |
|
080392 Parentheses - An interruption of continuity; an interval. "This is one of the things I wasn't prepared for — the amount of unfilled time, the long parentheses of nothing" (Margaret Atwood). “For every period of time when you exist, short or long, there is a temporal part of you that exists only then. And for any temporal parts of any objects whatsoever, there is a larger object made up of just those parts.” - John Locke "Every time I enunciate 'I', even in my thought, an identity is assumed, and this identity is itself not simple, but a figure of a complex gathering of personal and impersonal histories, texts, discourses, beliefs, cultural assumptions, and ideological interpellations...it is not an artifact but a process." - Richard Dyer
|
Friday, October 17, 2008
![]() Burn (your notes) after reading 17th october seemed like it'll never arrive. but well here it is :D i shall immerse myself with brainless activity from now on. i'll rid myself of all intellectual talk such as "how to reset gc ah?" and bury myself in shoppingggggg shoppingggg shoppinggggg, eatinggggg eatinggg eatingggg. woohoo! this is life, dammit. okay gna relate to you some funny instances for a start: mr S: the allele for smooth peas is capital "S" and the allele for wrinkled peas is small letter "s". okay then when you draw the punnett square must write like this - big "S" is smooth, small "s" is wrinkled. big "S" and big "S" is smooth. small "s" and small "s" of course is wrinkled. during english lsn, mr W: yknow margaret thatcher? she blahblahblah.. me: (asks quite aloud) who is margaret thatcher?? albert: she is the NHS yknow? the british NHS. mr W: DID I JUST HEAR MARGARET THATCHER IS IN FHM?!? this is she. in fhm? NOOOOO.last one, at home. my dad to my bro: you everyday nv study how to go for exams?! you really ah "huang shang bu ji tai jian ji" leh, what can i do to make you feel a sense of urgency?! my sis: make him the tai4 jian4 lor. bro: OI! -- yknow these days, i start to understand why Angel has lapses of second childhood whr she starts to break out in nursery songs on 166. im starting to find myself extremely addicted to kids central, if that is any sign of second childhood. rmb the good old days whr all of us watched Hi-5 faithfully every weekdays at 530pm? and the saturdays where we all wake up exaccttttly at 10am to catch Powerpuff Girls? how about Pokemon and Power Rangers? or maybe Lizzie McGuire every Sunday at 11am(i think)? guess what, im back to that. im so addicted to kids central that even during exams, im still watching The Suite Life of Zack & Cody every tues-thurs 6pm. i even watch Hannah Montana, every saturdays 1130am. helpppppp okay gna leave you guys with this song, which im currently having a crush on. i realised that i like fairytale-ish songs, like enchanted's So Close by Jon Mclaughlin and this, Love Story by Taylor Swift :) -- We were both young when I first saw you I closed my eyes and the flashback starts I'm standing there On a balcony in summer air See the lights, See the party, the ball gowns I see you make your way through the crowd And say hello Little did I know That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles And my daddy said, "stay away from Juliet" And I was crying on the staircase Begging you, please don't go And I said Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess It's a love story Baby, just say yes So, I sneak out to the garden to see you We keep quiet cause we're dead if they knew So close your eyes Escape this town for a little while Oh oh Cause you were Romeo, I was the scarlet letter And my daddy said, "stay away from Juliet" But you were my everything to me I was begging you, please don't go And I said Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess It's a love story Baby, just say yes Romeo, save me They try to tell me how I feel This love is difficult, but it's real Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess It's a love story Baby, just say yes Oh oh I got tired of waiting Wondering if you were ever coming around My faith in you is fading When I met you on the outskirts of town And I said Romeo, save me I've been feeling so alone I keep waiting for you, but you never come Is this in my head I don't know what to think He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring And said Marry me, Juliet, you'll never have to be alone I love you and that's all I really know I talked to your dad Go pick out a white dress It's a love story Baby, just say yes 'Cause we were both young when I first saw you -- enjoy yrself everyoneee! :D Labels: sideburns |