<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/871177811018553362?origin\x3dhttp://flipfloplollipops.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
YEESHUANG
080392

Parentheses - An interruption of continuity; an interval.
"This is one of the things I wasn't prepared for — the amount of unfilled time, the long parentheses of nothing" (Margaret Atwood).

“For every period of time when you exist, short or long, there is a temporal part of you that exists only then. And for any temporal parts of any objects whatsoever, there is a larger object made up of just those parts.” - John Locke
"Every time I enunciate 'I', even in my thought, an identity is assumed, and this identity is itself not simple, but a figure of a complex gathering of personal and impersonal histories, texts, discourses, beliefs, cultural assumptions, and ideological interpellations...it is not an artifact but a process." - Richard Dyer

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm following your joy,


school's starting! :D honestly, i cant be happier to leave my absolutely sedentary lifestyle at home the past 2 mths. other than climbing stairs to my 11th storey home ONCE and swimming 4-5 times a mth, i was totally sleeping in (up to 12hrs), very very pigging out (cannot, resist, chocolates!!), and completely surviving on dvds i bought from Shanghai (China is dvd heaven). its time for school to start.

lemme tell you about my last wk of hols. Sunday, my sister miraculously broke my right contact lens into two pieces. dont ask why, it is a long long long story. i was so panicky. on tuesd, i had to forsake my going out w FAC pple to qnsway then to school for cca (sjab) just to make my lens. btw, it was one of the most gruelling eye test i ever did. i went through, i think, 4 eye tests! 2 of them regarding the fitting of lenses. the 3rd station was all at once shocking and painful. i put my chin on the stand, and of all normal optician actions like looking into the scope, what the optician did was he stretched out to pull outward my upper eyelid *shocked*, and proceeded further to used the earbud stick to twist my upper eyelid upwards!!! it was crazy! i never felt my upper eyelid so stretched before, i felt as if my eyeball was dropping out!! you can try it at home if you dare. so obviously i was v stunned and retracted backwards, leaving the chin stand. we had to do this 3 times per eye before i could complete the test w/o leaving the stand LOL. fyi after doing that, i still had to hold that position for him to inspect the dimensions of my eyes for abt 30 excruciating seconds. gross. one good thing is that the lenses cld be done on Saturday! :D fastest ever. usually it takes a whole 6 days to make a pair. now its done within 3 days. technology improvements perhaps. i was still fearing i might hv to go to school on Monday w specs D: D: D:

wednesday! thr was cls outing at Boo's hse. but only very few came. at first thr were only 2 girls lah!!! Shanice and me ahhaha. but later on Sophia and Natasha came so it didnt seem that awkward. & sophia brought my dvds! THANKS SOAP, YOU'RE A REAL LIFESAVER [: cant imagine my life w/o those dvds. anyyyway, this cls outing is so the bomb. we hit on almost all the card games thr is! well, all the card games i know at least. we started off with Blackjack, which is totally horrible cos i keep getting sai cards and other just keep winning while i lost like maaaaad ): v sad. then wee and sx came! wee the another lifesaver introduced the game Inbetween to us! total lifesaver, i'll tell you why. I KEEP WINNING AT INBTWN!!! lolssss. i made a comeback. slowly won back my original money and earned like 40freakingcentsss. high points on the game started when thr was 9$ on the table and Wilson the Robert Zhang had to bet everything -.- and he rly won everythg okay! aaaagh. then we all had to contribute agn. then we played until thr was $14+ on the table. and Natasha daringly bet everythg too, and in the end she had to pay 28$+(double) lah!!! omg. then we the kindsouls all agreed to let her off. hahah but that was so high man! told Wilson to treat us but he never did, lol. anw then we split into Bridge grp and Asshole Daidi grp. i was in Bridge w Shanice Wilson Albert. Daidi pple were Mingze(daidi #1 fan), Sophia, Natasha, Wee and Shixian (: for bridge, i nv partnered Wilson at all man! i was looking fwd to that hahahah, nv play w Wilson before, too zai alr. after a few rds we changed to asshole daidi. and its rly such an asshole cos once you kena asshole it seems like you can nv get back up. but Shanice asshole-d the most! hahaha. i ended up Queen woohoos, altho i asshole before :D then after Yuling & Jerrine came we mass gathered for some Slapjack whr we all had to sit sideways if not no space for everyone, even tho Boo's hse is a jumbo flat (two hse combine). Albert had to guailan me and sit back to back when everyone is seated front to front! ._. anwww it was fun, thr's nthg like slapjack to bring everyone tgt! i miss our leg slapjack :DD must hv it someday. so that was our mini cls outing.

thursd was spent watching dvds and finishing up my piano theory hmwk and practising my piano. hving both prac and theory exams in feb/march this yr so hv to put in alot of time & effort into piano ;[ friday morning i had piano lsn, then had to rush off to church for Exco meeting :)) im Secretary this yr lol. the mtg started at 11, s'posed to end at 1230 then lunch. but guess what, we ended at 3.30 then had lunch :B if not for Sixuan who brought lotsss of food i think we wldnt hv survived. so yea it was pretty fun! had quite a long talk w Minnie, abt Olvls and such. Olvls seems rly terrible, hving to study from June all the way to November. for our eoys, most of us just started from Sept to Oct. i mean intensive studying. i know some pple who hvnt even started studying when it was Sept hols lah. so yeah i sort of pity them. but we hv our woes too, like writing CID report and preparing for presentation even tho its so near to eoys! D: thats like being J1 (doing full PW stuffs) and being an Olvl student (same content for studying or more for eg bio within less time) at the same time. almost wanted to snap!

so yes today i went to collect my lenses! :D happy happy. no more terrible eye tests!

my hols hv been fun, well this yr had been great fun. its amazing that within a yr i got to go to USA for 3.5wks and to Shanghai for 1+wks. my dad says im lucky to be able to go on vacation for 5wks in a year of 52wks lol. i think so too! :D nv traveled out for that long in a yr before. im also glad for all the chalets & outing w the pple i love! :D im v contented with this hols. its lucky i decided not to work. working takes up alot of friends & family time, which i dont want to sacrifice this time around. last yr was bad with all my time taken up for work. work only made me end up more tired and less satisfied w my hols. so yeahhh im contented w this round of holidays :] i definitely feel more recharged (maybe a little overcharged) & ready to take another yr of madness.

i shall end with lyrics from Jason Mraz - Make It Mine. my current fave song! :)

Wake up everyone
How can you sleep at a time like this
Unless the dreamer is the real you
Listen to your voice
The one that tells you to taste past the tip of your tongue
Leap and the net will appear

I don't wanna wake before
The dream is over
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I... I will own it
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I'll make it all mine

I keep my life on a heavy rotation
Requesting that it's lifting you up
Up up and away
And over to a table at the gratitude cafe
And I am finally there
And all the angels they'll be singing
Ah la la la ah la la ah la la la la la love this

Well I don't wanna break before
The tour is over
I'm gonna make it mine
That's right, I... I will own it
I'm gonna make it mine
Yes I'll make it all mine...
Yes, I will make it all mine...

And timing's everything
And this time there's plenty
I am balancing
Careful and steady
And reveling in energy that everyone's emitting

Well I don't wanna wait no more
No, I wanna celebrate the whole world
I'm gonna make it mine
Because I'm following your joy
I'm gonna make it mine
Because I... I am open
I'm gonna make it mine
That's why... I wanna show it
I'm gonna make it, it mine
Gotta make gotta make gotta make gotta make it make it mine
Oh mine...
Yes I will make it all mine...

Labels: